Mini Split Systems
The split system (also called a mini-split, ductless split, or duct-free system) has at least one unit inside the home (the evaporator) and one outdoor unit (the condenser). Mini splits have no ducts, making them extremely energy efficient. Duct losses can account for more than 30% of energy consumption, especially if the ducts run through unconditioned spaces such as an attic. Since mini splits are ductless, they eliminate the losses associated with the ductwork of central forced air systems.
Ductless mini split heat pump and air conditioning systems make excellent retrofit and add-ons to houses and businesses with “non-ducted” heating systems. Mini splits are often a great alternative to traditional heating and cooling systems when home additions and remodeling projects make the extension or installation of traditional HVAC air ducts impossible or not cost effective.
Mini splits are becoming an increasingly popular as a residential or business cooling/heating solution. Here are a few reasons to consider using a mini split system:
- The most efficient way to cool or heat, saving you money! Uses as little as one third the energy of conventional equipment.
- Can be added to your existing system – Perfect for hard to heat or cool areas of your home or business like sun rooms, family rooms, or new additions.
- Cool or heat only the rooms you’re using, saving more energy and money!
- Comfortable & quiet – Maintain even temperatures throughout your house (no more hot or cool spots!)
- Environmentally friendly – uses “green” refrigerant that cannot harm ozone.
Book an appointment with a Diamondback Home Services professional to see how a mini-split system can help you efficiently heat and cool individual rooms in your house today! Call 602-920-1600 or fill out the Schedule Your Next Service form on this page.